8.26.2013

Life Without Irfanview

I have had PC's in various shapes, sizes, and varieties for the last 25 years.  I got my first computer back in the late 80's that not only rocked DOS 5.1, but had a tower that weighed more than your average 5th grader.  And I went from there.  Every platform I have ever worked on has been PC based.  First DOS, then some incarnation of Windows.  I know their OS inside and out, and even when they malfunction, I am comfortable with them because I speak the language.

About a year ago, at about the same time I started taking my writing incredibly serious again, my Vaio started acting its age (old and slow...not to mention temperamental), so I made the decision to switch over to Apple.  I don't regret the decision at all, but there are some days that I miss the simplicity of things familiar.

For example:  back in the mid to late 90's, my dad introduced me to Irfanview...and I never looked back.  If it had to do with photos, it went through Irfanview.  Every computer I owned, Irfanview was the first piece of software I downloaded.  I LOVE that program, and for PC users, I can't recommend it enough.

Unfortunately...it's not available for Mac's.

Bugger.

While I am not a professional photographer by any means, I am no slouch either.  I know my way around a camera enough to capture images to my liking, and around PC based editing software.  That said, I am a rank amateur with all this Mac stuff, and am trying to have more fun (rather than my usual frustration) with it.

If anyone has any suggestions...I'm all ears.

Thank you for bearing with me while I attempt to figure out what in the bloody blue blazes it is that I'm doing.  I have so many beautiful images I want to share with you...I just get annoyed when I can't do them justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment